Follow BEOC on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Lipstick Alert: This Tube Will Change Your Life
- "Do Those Hair Color Root Touch-Up Concealers Work?"
- Best Bold Lip Colors for the Holidays Final Take
- Anti-Aging Face Treatments: "What's the Difference Between Thermage and Ulthera?"
- Reader Q: "How can I wear matte lipstick without my lips drying out?"
Tag Archives: essie matte about you
This fall, traditional rich tones get an update — they are going matte. Possibly the coolest, most wearable trend I spotted backstage at New York Fashion Week — nails were decidedly un-shiny. Matte black, navy and burgundy polishes were shown at Nonoo, Karen Walker, Tibi and Rebecca Taylor. Deborah Lippmann featured the. most. gorgeous. matte color at the Honor show using a new formula with a shade called Harem Silks From Bombay — unfortunately it’s so hot-off-the-presses it won’t be available until the end of the year (I know, I know, that feels like forever). But don’t worry, you can still get the look now. Lippmann suggests using a combo of:
Top with her ultra-matte topcoat Deborah Lippmann Flat Top, $20
Here are a few other awesome matte top coats to try and get the effect:
What do you think? Shiny or matte?
images courtesy of Deborah Lippmann