Subscribe to BEOC via Email
Follow BEOC on TwitterMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Buying Beauty Products on Amazon.com -- A Do or Don't?
- "Do Those Hair Color Root Touch-Up Concealers Work?"
- At What Age Should You Stop Wearing Wacky Nail Polish Shades?
- Anti-Aging Face Treatments: "What's the Difference Between Thermage and Ulthera?"
- Reader Q: "How can I wear matte lipstick without my lips drying out?"
Tag Archives: taylor swift
I’ll cut right to the chase. My two favorite makeup looks (or trends, more like) from tonight’s 2015 Grammy Awards? Allover nude or natural-looking makeup (a la Beyonce, Gwen Stefani and Chrissy Teigen) and jewel toned eye makeup (think Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift). While the natural/nude trend was stunning on the carpet and definitely worth recreating, it’s a little less exciting to talk about. That’s why I’ll focus here on how to get my next fave look of the night: jewel toned eye makeup.
To get Gaga’s metallic emerald-hued eyes, makeup artist Sarah Tanno did the following:
- Applied Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Tin (SV810) on lids and used Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Mist (WT901) on her inner corners.
- She smudged Shiseido Shimmering Cream Eye Color in Caviar (BK912) on the outer corners of the lids into the lash lines for added depth. She set the cream shadows with Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in Lido (GR412).
- Tanno applied Shiseido Smoothing Eyeliner Pencil in Black (BK901) around the eyes and blended.
- To finish the eyes, Tanno used two coats of Shiseido Perfect Mascara Defining Volume in Black (BK901).
Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez and Ke$ha all sported a clean and sleek pony with slight variations — it couldn’t be more perfect for the red carpet or a big night out. Love it. The key to keeping this sequened-dress-appropriate is lots of volume at the crown of your head. If you’re not very adept with teasing (like, ahem, me), try using a teasing spray like Redken Quick Tease 15 Backcombing Lift Finishing Spray, $18. When you spray it right at your roots, it creates lift and gives hair a nice matte finish. When it comes to where you place the pony, really anything goes, but I love how these ladies opted positioned it just in the middle of their head, in line with their ear. It’s young and very hip. Just like most rockstars.
Who rocked the ponytail best?
Since we just rang in the new year I wanted look back on our favorite hair of 2012. I copied many of these looks — did you?
I’ve always had a fantasy of going platinum and Rita Ora pulls it off so well, I just might.
What was your favorite hair look of 2012?
images: justjared.com and sfgate.com